SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shemwelljr

Please Help - Want To Buy For My Wife

shemwelljr
13 years ago

Hello garden experts. Okay, I know little about gardening. My wife loves to plant flowers outside, grows tomatoes and such, and really lights up when gardening. It is obvious that she LOVES it. I think she would love to be able to expand her gardening and grow plants/flowers indoors as well. She likes to give plants and flowers away to others, to brighten their day, as she has with some elderly clients that we work for. So, I want her to be able to grow plants/flowers indoors as well, and want to buy her a system by which she can do so.

I've looked into hydroponics, but was told that it isn't recommended that one tries to transplant plants grown that way into soil outdoors. My wife may want to do so, and I want her to have that option if she wants.

I've also looked into aeroponics, which looks more promising and from what I've read has a better success rate when transplanting into soil and sun rather than the system and grow lights.

But there is probably a way to just grow plants indoors in soil as well, with grow lights.

In the end, there are WAY too many options and I'm WAY too ignorant about what would be the best way to accomplish this. I have been saving and want to surprise her with some type of system to get her started. A couple hundred bucks or so to kick things off. I'd love to give her the opportunity to grow several different plants and some flowers indoors, to then be able to put them in pots with soil and give them away, or to be able to plant them outside if she likes.

So, what would you ladies and gentlemen recommend? I've tried researching on my own, and learned a lot, but I'm overwhelmed and need advice from people that have experience with indoor gardening and taking the indoor garden outside.

Thanks so much for any help,

Mike

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths