SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
femmefeline1

Newbie having trouble with growlights

femmefeline1
17 years ago

ok, Dont really know anything about gardening but eager to start. I bought some nice growlights and started some seeds in those little plastic seed starter kits and those are coming along nicely. However, I also had some bulbs I wanted to start indoors before transplanting and nothing is happening. I have the growlights running 24/7 so I thought maybe (because they are in the basement) that there wasnt enough heat to help them get started. I tried enclosing them in some clear rubbermaid tubs under the lights to create a litte humidity (terrarium style is what I was aiming for). It seemed to help just a little, I am getting a couple of single skinny stalks starting to peek out, but for the majority nothing is working? I dont know what to do to turn these skinny stalks into nicely growing plants. And for the others...Is it too late? Have I killed these bulbs before they even had a chance? Or are there any suggestions? Please help. I have a 25x25 area in the backyard I want to prep and would like to have something nice to transplant there once it is ready.

Thanks

Michelle

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!