SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
klwrn1z5il

newbie..in big trouble

klwrn1z5il
16 years ago

Hi all. This is my first posting. Forgive me for saying, I don't know whether to thank you or swear at the whole lot of you. This past spring, I was looking for something to add to my perennial bed, I researched for flowers with a big bang and a long bloom time. Everything I read, recommended day lilies.

A flower that only blooms for one day? I thought I hated Day lilies, those short yellow things that I see landscaped at every fast food joint, and every local mall and business(I'm not a big fan of yellow). I did a Google search, and found this forum. Then, I placed my first order at Marietta's. I bought 6 Siloam double Classics. 2 weeks Later, I placed my second Larger order at Marietta's buying

3 each of Autumn Wood, Bridgeton Bandwagon, Elizabeth Salter, Desert Dreams, Labadie. Then, I actually got blooms

off of 3 of my double classics. Sigh...I'm in Love. Then, I Got a few blooms off of Desert dreams and Labadie (Bigger Sigh). Next, anxiously waited for blooms from the others, without success. In the meantime, I dragged home "Final Touch", which has been in bloom for the past 3 weeks. Today? I placed an order of 25 Day lilies from Gilbert Wild Sale. I promised my husband we would plant an Iris bed and

I begrudge the space alloted for them. All I can think of is how many more day lilies I could plant there. P.S. My Husband doesn't yet know of the new daylily order, and I have yet to place an order for his Iris bulbs as promised.

Thanks for listening. I just had to vent.

Comments (12)