SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
froggedd

bed help several pics long

frogged
9 years ago

The garden is at the back of my property,the plan is to have two sections of garden with a stone path between. They are about 8 to 11 ft deep. Sorry can't cut down the maples privacy and shade issues, but the third half dead tree is history as soon as I get my hands on a chainsaw. The front sections get bright sun from 11 to about 3 , less intense sun the rest of the day, the back section is partly shaded all day. First photo is last year just to show what I started with. I have been mucking around this for a few years ripping up grass putting it back relocating a couple other flowering bushes and this year finally got rid of the juniper it was taking up around 12 by 8ft section of ground that I think will look better with Hosta.
{{gwi:1034678}}

{{gwi:1034679}}
{{gwi:1034680}}

This is what I have now. I need to move some things on the left side. Zounds, patriot, Dark Shadows, Elvis lives, and Pizzazz(?) I was thinking of moving Zounds out of here, over to a bed with the two lancifolia, this bead gets early morning sun then shaded, does not get much rain due to the overhang on the shed. Will relocate the redhotpoker to a sunnier place. The other option is with Korsa regal this bed is in the shade all day and is usually damp soil - the dogs also like to dig here, the barrel is moving to the other side when I get the eaves trough back up, should help with the wet conditions. Those are the other two beds I am working on this summer.
{{gwi:1034681}}

{{gwi:1034682}}

{{gwi:1034683}}
On the right side is Northern exposure, Elegans, Satisfaction, noid, vulcan, Golden meadows, little lemon)(?), Korean snow, Touch of class and striptease

{{gwi:1034684}}

I think I would like to place a smallish tree on the right side after the half dead tree is gone a Japanese maple or maybe another Alberta spruce, this section of the garden dips and stays moist with the clay soil so I don't think an alberta spruce would be happy but I really do not know.... Definitely open for a different perspective.
{{gwi:1034685}}

{{gwi:1034686}}

And just had to throw in a picture of the two beasts who are about as delicate running through the hosta beds as a bull in china shop....
{{gwi:1034687}}
{{gwi:1034688}}
This years newbies, plus zounds, patriot, Elvis lives, Krossa regal
{{gwi:1034689}}
So any thoughts are welcome, thanks in advance

Comments (9)