SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bigoledude

WANTED: Wanted; pomegranate that bears fruit in our humidity

bigoledude
16 years ago

The reason I have posted here is because, Pomegranates have not done so well here in SE Louisiana. It seems they are not too fond of high humidity and or wet feet.

Some local "experts" have informed me that I would stand a much better chance of success if I managed to get a plant or cutting from a Pomegranate grown in a similar environment. Of course, from a tree that reliably sets fruit.

I am willing to be very generous in this trade. We are just rebuilding from the flood of hurricane Katrina and I would love to have 1 or 2 Pomegranates in the new yard.

I have the following plants to offer;

Several amaryllis, sun tolerant caladiums, parsley,

Sago palm pups, rain lilies, fig cuttings, Mondo grass, Liriope, Aztec grass, Asian Jasmine cuttings, Sweet potato vine cuttings(ornamental)

Seeds I have;

Tomato; Better Boy, Super Sweet 100, Cherokee Purple (Heirloom),

Black From Tula (Heirloom), MariannaÂs Peace (Heirloom), RIESENSTRAUBE, KELLOGGS BREAKFAST

2 Bitter Melons, 3 Asian cucumbers, 6 sweet peppers, 2 summer squash (bush) 3 summer squash (vines), 3 eggplants, 4 melons, New Zealand and Malabar spinach

I have an even larger list of cool-season vegetable seeds. Please send me an email if you are interested.

Comments (6)

Sponsored