SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hostacats

hostas and virus help

hostacats
9 years ago

hi guys, I've been reading the hosta forum the past couple of weeks to get some help and ideas. I think I have the virus X in a few of my hostas. One is called "so sweet" and I just dug it up and put it in a pail for now. It is juvenile from last year. It looks funny it is all puckered and distorted. The second one I have in a pail is called "sept sun" and it looks like the tissue is collapsing on pretty much all the leaves. This is still a young plant but bigger. Its leaves are as big as my hand.
sorry I am new on here first posting and didn't know if I should remove them spray them with roundup or just leave them. I know not to plant another hosta in its place. I have put a different perennial that doesn't concern me too much and in the other spot I will put a fern.
I have only been gardening with hostas maybe the last 5-7 years, so my hostas are still fairly young. The oldest bed is much bigger and healthier. This bed I found these in are both from the same local nursery that just happened to close down last fall.
I also don't know how to put pictures on my email or here but I have some on my phone that I do know how to send through texting if anybody wants to see......sorry

Comments (19)