SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stonedtree

Hydroponic Tomato Refuses To Grow

StonedTree
9 years ago

Hello, I'm new here. Anyway, I need some help. On October 14th I transplanted four seedlings into my DWC system. At first all the plants were all curled up and sickly looking but fast forward to today three of the plants are doing amazing, roots are looking good and leaves are just fantastic and healthy. These plants are all different types of peppers.

Now the problem that I have is I planted one La Roma Tomato seedling. At first it grew some roots and grew some leaves but was growing quite slowly compared to the other plants. Then leaves started to dry up and roots started growing very slowly. Everyday I would have growth that would just wrinkle and dry up the next day.

After a few days I got sick of it took the seedling out of the netpot..it had few roots and I took a lot of the weak ones that were just basically falling off and pulled them off. I washed it all up and inoculated it with Great White mycorrizhae and then put it all back together again and put it back into the system. Two weeks later there has been no root growth out of the netpots and no leaf growth at all..just more drying up of leaves.

Currently running:
-Armor Si Silica
-Rapid Start
- Heisenberg EWC Tea
-Floralicious Plus
-Dutch Master Add.27
-GH Flora Series nutes at 1/8 strength

PPM is 550. My tapwater is 200 however so I guess really it's 350ppm.
PH is 5.8.
Res Temp is 68f.
Air Temp is generally around 76-83 during the day and 66-70 at night.
Sol 2 led light is around 18 inches away.
There is also plenty of oxygen.
(The largest plant in this system has some brown slime growing on the roots but the other two are fine. The EWC tea I used takes care of this slime issue, I was just a little late this time around.)

I am new to hydroponics, this is my first grow. These plants are all in the same system so I'm at a loss why three of them are growing amazing and this one little plant is just screwing around. :( It's like the roots are scared to come out or something, but how does this make sense since the roots on the other plants are fine? Someone please help, I really want this plant to grow and not sure what is wrong. The sad thing is I bet if I moved it to soil I would probably see growth the next day.

What could I be doing wrong? The only thing in my mind is that maybe I need an ro filter, maybe my water is messed up and the peppers can stand it but the tomato can't?
I can also post any photos if anyone needs.
Help!

This post was edited by StonedTree on Fri, Nov 7, 14 at 21:19

Comments (2)