SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crafting4goddess

Hydro-Peppers: Fruits dropping

crafting4goddess
14 years ago

Hello all! I was hopping someone could give me an idea why my peppers are dropping off the plants. I have four 1 month old hot peppers (no idea what kind because they came from a hot-pepper seed-mix packet)& I hand pollinate the flowers with a soft paint brush. It seems they start to grow fruit, then turn yellow & drop, or just drop before turning yellow.

My EC readings are normally around 1.5 - 1.6. I am using GH MaxiBloom/Grow with lights 12 on, 12 off (Blue & red bulbs). I've been gradually switching the nut's to 100% Maxibloom for flowering & fruit development. The plants keep growing bigger & bigger & I have contemplated trimming them as sooner or later I will not be able to raise the lights any higher! I've also supplemented with organic calcium when I change the water once every two-weeks - topping off in between because they be thirsty pepper plants. I am using a home-built drip system with 2 gallons in the reservoir. Day temps are in the upper 70's, night temps lower 70's with a fan running 24/7 to keep the air moving.

Hopefully I have not left any essential info out.Thank you in advance!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville