SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jonathanrw

sweet 100 cherry tomatoe plant issues...

jonathanrw
10 years ago

Setup:
old phototron my grandmother gave me LOL...

2.5 gallon rez.

Bigmamba 8x8x8 rockwool cube. soaked first in ph 5.5 water for 24hrs before using in system. is sitting 2 inches above nutes to allow for drainage
1 eco132 pump @ 132g/h running for 15min at 12:00am/pm plumbed directly to top of rock wool cube.

using General Hydroponics Flora Series nutrients

seeds are sweet 100 cherry tomatos

Start of system
mixed nutes 1/4tsp per gallon of each started system.
picked out 7 seeds and planted them randomly in top of rockwool cube. (they all sprouted) its been about a week since they sprouted have not changed out the rez till today.
the plants look to have purple veins in the leafs along with the stock. some leafs have curled the pictures i posted are of one i pulled due to spotting. at closer examination it looks like the same thing on the other leafs. the underside of some leafs looks purple also.. not sure what this is indicating.
after reading some they all seam to point to a nute deficiency so i changed out the rez. mixed 2.5 gallons of new full strength nutes at 1tsp per gallon of micro bloom and grow...
also originally i had the pump on every 3 hours for 15min. and it started to look like over watering so i cut it back to once every 12 hours for 15min. and they started to grow faster and perk up but the purple is still stumping me.
i also added earth juice oilycan its cal mag and humic acid additive as i was told cal or mag can cause this issue also..

id just like some direct advice. what to put the nutes at with the size and what seams to be causing the issue or if it is even an issue.... thanks again very appreciated

I uploaded about 30 High Rez pics to my photobucket and its set to public so you can also take a look and really zoom in on them to get a good over view of the issue and plants if that helps at all heres the address.

http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/jonathanrw1/library/

Comment (1)