SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nfreeman91

trouble with my indoor tomato/jalapeno grow

nfreeman91
12 years ago

Hi,

I have recently built a hydro set-up and currently have 2 beter boy hybrid toms. and 2 early jalapenos. I am new to Hydro but have outdoor soil expeirience. Im having trouble with my leave tips hooking down and back. some of my tomato leaves are twisting as well. the first thing I notice was small irregulare light blotches on the bottom tomatoe leaves as well as a greyish patern on the same leave but on the jalapeno leaves. the roots are getting a brownish tint.

The system is a combo of an NFT with 1 sprayer and one fogger per plant spot. between each plant a fogger sprays as well. My pump was running at 8 times per day-every 3 hours. i run 400w MH with 5-5-5/gallon of flora series at 1.5 E.C. and P.H. set to 5.5-5.6 with each weekly change. it never drifts above 6.2-6.3. my E.C. stays pretty constant. Is that normal?

In order to combat the roots, i figured was watering too often, i reduced the time for the pump to run every 4 hours at 30min itervels. other than the leaves and roots, nothing else seems effected.

Could the leaf symptoms be caused by too much water? if anyone has came across similar symptoms could you please let me in on the good advice? it will be greatly appreciated. i would post a pic but i dont know how.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County