SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hydrojunkie

Hydro strawberries

hydrojunkie
15 years ago

I purchased some strawberry crowns and planted them in a drip system set to water for 15 min every hour and then once during dark hours. Currently my lights are 2-2 lamp t12 flourescent fixtures w/ 6500k lamps placed 2-3 inches away on 18 hours a day. This is my first gardening experience so I am a little wet behind the ears on the subject but the crowns have a stem comming out of them with what I would call a undeveloped leaf on them. Upon planting them the stems were white in color and the leaf was kind of shriveled up, not in the sense that it was dead, more so like it just needed to develop or open up. So far some of the leaves are opening up and looking pretty good but the stems are starting to take on a red color. So my question is, is that normal? My nutes are maxigro and maxicrop and strength is around 400 ppm or .8 ec (I believe that is correct,still getting used to the meter). I figured I would give them this for a week so they had a chance to recover from any possible shock then depending on water usage and ec reading slowly ramp it up on a weekly basis. Any opinions or help would be appreciated.

Comments (11)