SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
godslittierose

Hydrangea turning green please help

Godslittierose
12 years ago

I bought my first house last year and have always loved hydrangeas so I decided that I wanted to plant them along my entire front porch. I have tried to do my research since I am new to growing them. I bought them from a local nursery about a month ago and they were in full bloom. I transplanted them and planted them with a mixture of pine bark mulch (I read that it help with drainage) and potting soil and I keep them moist and water them with miracle grow once a week. Well, this week I noticed that my blue hydrangeas are turning green and the pink ones are browning. I have read that this can happen at the end of the blooming cycle in late august, but its only May. Is this due to them coming from a nursery and reaching full bloom before normal? Or could it be due to the fact that they only get dappled sunlight? The leaves look very green and healthy. If the reason is because they are aging is there a way to help them return to normal are have regrowth? Id hate to have bare hydrangeas the rest of the summer. Sorry this is so long, I am just so new and want to give these plants the best. Haha. Any help would be appreciated. I also have pictures but Im not sure how to upload them on here.

Comments (10)