SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
northerner_on

Losing Annabelle Plants

northerner_on
16 years ago

My 12-foot hedge of Annabelle hydrangeas growing in front of the lattice enclosure of our front patio provides privacy. It's been there for at least 25 years and had an infection of leaf-roller for the past 7 years which I have brought under control. During this time, I would find that plants would keel over (like damping off in seedlings)and die and I thought it was due to the leaf roller. Now that I have it under control i.e. no 'rolls' for the past two days, I went out today to find at least five plants keeled over and looking like they're on their way out, so I am wondering if it is something else. There is no visible damage on the plants - they're just in their re-growth stage from the fall pruning. This hedge is severely depleted and there is little else that I can grow there because it is in the shade of a large maple most of the day. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this and how I can treat it? We have access to very few chemicals in Canada, so an environmentally-friendly solution would be appreciated. Thank you.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions