SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rouge21_gw

"Little Spooky" hydrangea

From the advert it for sure is "Little" i.e. 15"/30 cm wide and about 20"/50 cm tall!

From this link https://mrplantgeek.com/2023/07/30/the-not-so-scary-hydrangea-little-spooky/

its origin story is a cross of hydrangeas ‘Silver Dollar’ and ‘Limelight’ (seems a bit odd given that both parents are significantly larger than the result).

Comments (5)

• last month

You know, I remember thinking that too when I researched it. I also hope it stays compact and does not instead very slowly exceed its dimensions long term like sone supposedly “small” magnolias.

rouge21_gw (CDN Z5b/6a) thanked luis_pr
  • 6 days ago

Picked up 4 LS today:

No sign of any flowers

• 4 days ago

Umm, they remind me of Little Limes with those green panicles that I don't like. Maybe they will be whiter when they bloom.

rouge21_gw (CDN Z5b/6a) thanked chrysalids
  • 3 days ago

remind me of Little Limes with those green panicles

This kind of makes sense as one of the "parents" of "Spooky" is Limelight.

And this might seem odd @chrysalids but I dont like the green tint either BUT I have a plan for these 4 LS, part of a long border which now consists of some hostas and I think the green tinting of these hydrangea will fit in better with the green and yellow of the existing hostas....maybe less jarring than a bright white flower. We shall see.

• 2 days ago

@rouge21_gw, I think that pairing the four LS with the hostas is a good idea. I look forward to the photos.

rouge21_gw (CDN Z5b/6a) thanked chrysalids