SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sdgrower

Actually having problems/issues with Chloramine?

sdgrower
13 years ago

I was wondering if anyone has actually had issues with chloramine in their water supply? I have read and been told many times that chlorine and chloramine are bad for your plants and how you should us and RO system with a carbon filter to remove, but have not had any major issues (that I know of) and have been using unfiltered tap water in San Diego for over two years now without any problems.

I started off allowing the water to sit out for a day or two to let the chlorine evaporate before using, but after a few weeks learned that my water supply in San Diego has chloramine (chlorine and ammonia combined), which does not evaporate like chlorine does and needs to be removed with a carbon filter (unless you want to let is sit out for a a few months).

Despite the continued use of this water my plants have always been fine. I suspect maybe better water qualiy would improve both yeilds and taste, but I have not experienced any major issues with it so far.

I was wondering if anyone else has actually had issues thay can attribute to chlorine/chloramine? And if so, what was your solution?

Comments (5)