SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19735161

Suddenly Yellowing Leaves

User
19 years ago

Dear Hoya Friends & Any Hoya Drs. Out There,

Help! I have a sudden bout of yellowing leaves, seemingly overnite. I did a search on this topic here, & found a discussion btwn Mare & Naz from last July abt exactly this, but I don't really see a specific answer:

Afflicted: H diversifolia, getting slow yellowing of its lowest (to the mix) leaves (I think the oldest leaves), no splotches, just a slight overall yellowing all over, subtle.

Also afflicted: H coronaria, a few leaves are all yellow, some are yellowing. All are still firmly attached to the stem, not dry or crunchy, just varying degrees of yellowing, starting where the petiole joins the top of leaf & on down the leaf. There's also a little volunteer in that pot (I think it's H holliana), that's usually very perky & that has just keeled over completely, having seemingly lost its vigor.

No bugs that I can see, no changes I made in care/culture, etc. No additives other than occasional fertilizer w/ ST.

I have not moved them from their original positions where they've been fine for over a yr.

Admittedly, the light now is less here in NYC, been a fair amount of gray, non-sunny days & humid & rainy. Now it's abt to drop into the 30s.

Help, I'd hate to loose these beauties, not readily available & don't know that I'd be able to replace them.

My next step is to turn 'em out to see their roots. Then maybe take cuttings, just in case?

Thoughts, suggestions pls? Thanx in advance.

Karen

Comments (11)

Sponsored