SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
verna2_gw

I think I'm in hummer heaven!

Verna2
18 years ago

Hello everyone, I had such a great hummer day yesterday, that I just had to share! I found out that I have four little freinds visiting my feeders/garden...I knew that were three either two females (or one one female and a juvenile), plus one male RBT. I have FOUR Ta Da!! there is one male for certain, and three females or maybe one and a couple of young ones. It was raining out all morning (just a nice easy rain), and I have never seen a hummer in the rain. Well all four were just everywhere; feeding, chasing each other, dive bombing one another and even just perching on the feeders and enjoying the rain...it was so much fun to watch them, that I honestly didn't get much housework done and had to tear myself away to even do some much needed errands. I noticed that there was an extra hummer when there were two feeding from the same feeder (which never happens, one always chases the other away) and there waa a third feeding from another feeder. None of them were males!! Then a few minutes later along comes the male and heads to the flowers not the feeder. Usually when I see him he is so fast at the feeder that I swear he doesn't even have a chance to get any nectar. I watched in amazement as the little fellow fed at the flowers for almost 4 minutes...maybe my poor hummer garden isn't so bad after all.

Now that they have showed off, I do expect repeat performances, and will probably not get the outfits and play capes done that I promised my granddaughters I would sew...maybe I can put my sewing machine table on the patio!

Sorry that this was so long, but I knew all of you would understand!!

Verna

Disclaimer: I do not agree with nor endorse the use of "Sponsored Links" possibly embedded in my posts by the owner of this or any other website.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville