SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19735161

Just Started Lots of Hoyas Seeds, Pretty Cool!

18 years ago

Hi All,

I just wanted to share my excitement, my Fairy Godmother of Hoyas just shared some fresh seeds w/ me & I planted them yesterday, am VERY excited! 3 diff. varieties, I planted 112 seeds in all, please cross your fingers for me & my seeds.

Unfortunately, I didn't think to refresh myself reading here how to start them BEFORE I did so, but I had discussed w/ her using something like AV starter mix (peat, vermiculite & perlite, tho' I ran out of perlite, so I used some pumice instead), which she thought sounded OK.

Now, I see some suggestions here of long sphag, sort of wish I had thought to split the seeds up & try several diff. starting techniques. Then again, long sphag has been the Kiss of Death for me w/ Orchids, so maybe it's GOOD that I didn't use that.

Am looking to hear from others who've grown from seed here, I did do a search here (on growing from seed) & unfortunately, the one post I found here w/ pix of seedlings sprouting, when I tried to view it, I only got the dreaded red X, no pic.

Anybody care to share info/pix of recently Hoya seed sprouting experience? TIA

(PG) Karen

I got so excited to post this, I accidentally posted it at C&S Forum instead of here; that's what I get for trying to post at 1:00 am. Yikes, I better sign off now! :>)

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars14 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County