SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
denise_gw

Do you mind a teeny-tiny detour O.T.?

Denise
15 years ago

I've got kitties! I lost my precious Samantha in May, 2005, and kept putting off getting more kitties because I knew she would be a really tough act to follow. She was that rare cat that would let almost anyone hold her, cradled on her back like a baby. She was 20-years-old when I lost her - I'd had her even longer than my husband!

So here's the story, for those of you who believe in "fate." Since I lost her, I've said "I need to get a kitty or two..." as I've never, in my entire life, lived without a cat. But you know how life kind of gets in the way of the best laid plans... Well, just recently, a lady who works for me lost her older dog to cancer. She was grieving terribly for her dog when this sweet (and very pregnant) cat wandered up. She fell in love with her, and, knowing I'd been talking about getting a kitty or two, told me I could have the pick of the litter.

Three kitties were born on 7/5, and I picked two and brought them home a couple of weeks ago. They're both "cow kitties" - one long hair and bigger, the other short hair and kind of a runt. Here they are...

Pearl, the bigger long-hair is on the left, and Bella (yes, named after a Hoya), the itty-bitty lady, is on the right. It may sound corny, but I think the universe has blessed me with kitties that remind me of my special Samantha...

Denise in Omaha

Comments (21)

Sponsored