SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jstropic

Heathcote Garden

jstropic (10a)
15 years ago

I went to the plant sale at Heatcote Garden today and wanted to share, with those of you who have not visited Heatcote or attended a sale, how really really nice it is. If you have nothing to do tomorrow and aren't too far from Ft.Pierce, and you would appreciate a realy nice get-away kind of day and you like gardening, you might think about taking a trip there. We had good food , nice (gentle) live ensemble music, enjoyed a presentation on tropical fruit and a taste testing afterwards (finally tried black sapote). We almost didn't get out of the childrens activity area (nature walks (with magnifying glass), face painting, all kinds of arts and crafts including potting vegetable seeds that the kids get to take home with them and of course the walk through the different areas of the garden. We bought another fruit tree and a Sweet Almond bush. Oh and we weren't able to get past the butterfly vendor without buying a Pipevine Swallowtail chrysalis that is going to "hatch" in the next few days. All the activities were free after admission.

And I met a fellow gardenwebber Sharon there as well!

Just a really nice gentle day I wanted to share with you.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz