SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eigdeh

Fairly decent morning after a few days of zero HB's

eigdeh
13 years ago

Yesterday I was in Lowes and I saw those single port feeders that I have seen in Steve's and others photos. Someone mentioned last year that they were about a buck a piece, but it was 2 for 7 bucks at Lowes.

Anyways, this morning a male used the new feeders and returned to them quite a few times, and later into the morning that I have seen this year. Actually a female went to my 209 and the male chased her away. Seems that when I put new feeders out I get a rush of hummers. Weeks ago I got an aspects fancy and a best 1 feeder and the best 1 got a lot of use the first few days. Only saw one on the Fancy and he did not seem to like it. To me it seems that the hummers like the feeders with bottles above the ports.

I have had a jewel box in my bay window since last year never saw one on it. I had my Yankee Droll wh1 in that window last year and it got good use. I put that new feeder right by the jewelbox and it went to that, so I just put the Yankee Droll back next to the jewel box just to see if it is the feeder. I am wondering if "my" hummers just don't like Aspect feeders. I have even seen birds on my saucer Yankee Droll, but as I said, they definately prefer the bottle feeders with ports below.

Ken

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022