SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deb_h_3_day

And the most inquisitive award goes to....

deb_h_3-day
17 years ago

Little Miss First Hummer of the Year!!! I bought myself two hanging baskets as Mother's Day gifts. I put them on a double shepherd's hook on the deck. I specifically bought plants that would be attractive to hummers, since my feeder has been up for weeks and I haven't seen one yet. One basket has red Million Bells, the other has red hanging geraniums and red and purple verbena. Tonight as I was washing the dinner dishes, I spotted her. My first hummer of the year was a cute little female. She checked out all of the flowers. Then she went up and examined the place where the pot hangs on the crook. Then she examined the OTHER hook too. She flew down to examine a dwarf weeping blue spruce, then came back up to the pots. She checked out the flowers again, then flew under the pots and checked out the bottoms. She would sometimes fly up above the hanging baskets and sort of survey the area. Then back to the flowers. She did this for several minutes. Finally she took off. She never did go to the feeder, but as curious as she was I expect she'll find it sooner or later.

I'm just thrilled I've finally seen one this year!!!

Gotta go change the nectar. It's been there since Thursday. I want to be sure if she tries it, she likes it!

Deb in PA

Comments (2)

Sponsored
More Discussions