SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
justjoeygirl

I need motivation..how about you?

JustJoeyGirl
19 years ago

I need motivation to get back out there and clean up the messes from all the rain and wind. I haven't been out in the gardens to do anything in three weeks. We had a death in the family, then I pulled a back muscle, then it rained and rained. So now that the sun is shining and I've taken a good look at all there is to do, I find I am getting a little overwhelmed, any body else's garden's get away from them?

It seems the crabgrass just appeared from nowhere, and it is everywhere. The branches and leaves have fallen on some of the plants and need to be retrieved and plants cut back due to damage. Things got knocked over...dahlias even though they were staked took a beating, and when I tried to stake one upright again a main stem broke off. Species lilies got knocked down, the edges are overgrown, deadheading galore to do. Ahh, I feel better just talking about it. As I write, I find I am saying ok, it can be done..thanks for listening.

Usually I find my interest wanes by the end of July, but last year I put in some late summer and fall bloomers to keep the interest up, and it has worked so far, I have anticipation for some new plants I've never seen in bloom before..Anemone Honerine Jobert, Moonflowers, formanosanum lilies, tuberose. I put in more asters and mums and some grasses and helianthes. I used to get so frustrated by animals eating everything, drought, etc...now I have a spray that seems to work, we've gotten rain, and I have a new watering wand that I like. I had kept up all the maintanence, then this...so it gets overwhelming. I've gotten farther into the season, and it's not from lack of interest, just letting things go for a few weeks during an August with rain. I think I am fearful of re-injuring my back with all the bending that needs to be done.

Not much to say to this, I know. Does anyone else feel like venting?

Comments (9)

Sponsored