SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mthorebgarden

A couple of pics to share

mthorebgarden
16 years ago

Last year at this time I had the average gardeners interest in Daylilies. I was quite obsessed with gardening in general, but not much Daylily interest. Early last summer I stumbled on this forum and all of your photos and discussion intrigued me. Then I started seeing the seedlings you all had and I was hooked. I truly am a newbie to daylilies, but I have been soaking up information like a sponge and my wishlist (like many others on this forum!) has become ridiculously large. My space is limited, as is my garden pocketbook, but I have found a way to squeeze a couple in here and there. I only had a couple of daylilies prior to "meeting" all of you, and therefore only a couple of blooms last year. Don't get me wrong, I aquired quite a few late in the summer, but I have yet to see them bloom.

Anyway, I thought on this dreary winter day I would share what few photos I have of my original daylilies.

Thanks for reading! Jodi

Little Rainbow

Purple De Oro

Chicago Petticoats (This one reblooms for me in September/October - I like that, but I don't like the scapes being so short that the flowers are in the leaves.)

{{gwi:990716}}

Big Smile (I took this photo at my parent's house, but my Mom gave me a clump this fall, so it is kind of like I have it!)

{{gwi:990718}}

(I hope the photos are the right size!)

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz