SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Have we talked about Collections?

newyorkrita
15 years ago

The recent post about Janie Gossards 2009 intros got me thinking about collections. Many of the new 2009s were listed as collection only. But I am not a person who likes the idea of buying collections, not to mention the money involved.

Now I have bought some things that are sort of collections. I bought a "collection" of three plants from Richard Norris he calls his instant rebloom collection. And I bought another trio from Gary Schaben he calls his Three Amigos Collection. But they are not really large enough to think of as collections.

Then in fall of 2007 I bought Phil Korths entire 2007 Collection that came to 16 plants. Loved those so much that I bought his entire 2009 collection already for spring. But I skipped the 2008 collection because it had to many unusual forms that were just not for me. In fact, except for price (which is always a big deal) that would be my main fault to pick with the idea. I never feel like I absolutely have to have each and every new intro shown by a hybridizer. Most often there are ones that I don't even like while there might be others I am wild for.

Comments (17)