SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
celestialrose_nh

November garden happenings & OT photos

celeste/NH
12 years ago

It's NOVEMBER now so there isn't much happening in my gardens lately, but I miss chatting with you all so I went around my yard searching for something to share...LOL.

That 2 feet of snow has all melted, thanks to some warmer weather but the plants are all flattened from it. Strangely though, I found a few plants that just don't want to give up. And for those who asked about Lily and my Dad, I'm including some photos...thanks again for your concern. They are both doing much better.

Celeste

A very WEIRD sight...Spacecoast Dream Catcher is pushing up a scape! It was under 2 feet of snow for a week....what is it thinking? Notice how the foliage is dying down for the winter but the scape is emerging.

{{gwi:984843}}

I found these little Johnny Jump-Ups blooming today...strange but wonderful to see.

I have several dwarf japanese maples that I planted last year. I love how they are the very last trees to turn colors and how brilliant the red is....

{{gwi:984847}}

'Larissa' is still doing her magic tricks. I posted photos of her all Fall, then of her peeking out of the snow, and now AFTER the snow...still has blooms in November in zone 4!

One of the fall projects...a raised bed my hubby made for me out of pressure-treated wood. He used roof shingles to line the inside to protect the wood further. This is for daylilies only and will give me room to order more over the winter. I made several more raised beds over the summer from rocks and I will show them in another thread.

This is much bigger than it looks from the photo. It took 2 truckloads of loam to fill.

He put crushed rocks as a base for drainage and support.

{{gwi:984852}}

{{gwi:984854}}

My Mom and Dad

For those who don't know, my Dad broke his hip this past Sunday and is in a nursing home now mending. He is doing well and hopeful he will be able to have another amazing vegetable garden next summer.

Mom has Alzheimer's and is visually impaired...she lives with me and I take care of her. They are both 88.

Here he is this past summer in his vegetable garden...

Miss Lily, feeling like her old self again...using the birch tree as her scratching post

with Connor....

{{gwi:984863}}

Fat Cat Nemo, enjoying being lazy on a warm fall day....

ZEUS...snoozing on hubby's leg

....(this is an older photo from a couple weeks ago when I had picked the last of the roses for the table. I caught Zeus eating them...LOL)

There is still lots of snow atop Mount Washington. Glad ours has all melted, but I know there will be plenty more!

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths