SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ravenwv

I think I learned something today

ravenwv
15 years ago

Well, this is probably what I get for being so "new" to rooting things...and for not asking very specific questions for fear of sounding silly ...

After all my failures at rooting hoyas, I read some more tonight... everything was the same..the methods, though they varied, all were repetitive at each site/forum... all as I had read before...still, I couldn't figure out why something so "easy" was not easy at all for me...

But I came across a link where someone spelled it out ..and it was probably Kindergarten level LOL...and there was one picture in particular that I think may have brought it all together..

It was all the same as everyone here had posted...all the same things everyone was saying..EXCEPT...(and here is where I feel soooooooooo silly)

I knew you were to take off the bottom leaves..or have a couple nodes at the bottom...but I always thought/assumed (as I know I shouldn't) that was so the plant didn't spend so much time feeding the leaves or whatever it is they do, and spend more time making roots ...I didn't realize the roots actually came out of the node..I thought they came from the point where it was cut at the bottom...

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo, I'm starting all over again and going to TRY and save the cuttings I have left..which may only have one node at the bottom...and take the bottom leaves off the newest ones I got and put rooting hormone on them....begin at the beginning...

I have learned to ask people to be more specific, even if it makes me feel "odd" lol...

Thanks for listening..and thanks to everyone for being so helpful!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH