SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenny_in_se_pa

My Rope Hoya bloomed! But I missed it! :-(

jenny_in_se_pa
18 years ago

LOL!

I've been slowly moving the plants I have under my lights out, cleaning the doggone mealies off them, and putting them outside. So I was finally able to get back to the window where my hoyas are hanging and when I shifted a vine, I saw the remains of a big bloom on the rope hoya right at the bottom of one of the vines! It had been one of the vines against the window facing towards the outside and the morning sun. I have a big scented geranium on a table that was in front of it so I could only see but so much of the whole vine until I started moving stuff. I was happy dancing until I saw the mealies on it too, but that is another story. Grrrrr.... Have to get to one of my nurseries to get that systemic stuff but in the meantime, I'll spray the vines down with some alcohol...

But wow!!! The ropes can be a pain to get to bloom, although I have seen pics of blooming ropes from my fellow hoya heads. But still... :-D

I gotta make sure that I don't knock the pedicel off cause I want to really see it bloom again first hand!

Comments (10)

Sponsored