SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_63513

High Tide's coming out party

User
10 years ago

What more appropriate day to throw a coming out party for High Tide than the morning after a record breaking rainfall here in Mobile. They say 11 inches, but the neighbor with a bucket rain gauge says her bucket has 13 inches in it, we are near the river and Mobile Bay, so get a good amount of rain.

But, now that High Tide is identified properly after 5 years growing as a NOID, he should meet some of his family. I hope you will add your High Tide pictures here.

To see his past, he came from Plant Delights Nursery in 2010 May, and was not something I ordered, so had no idea and kept trying to make him fit the order...so he was given the tentative name of Lederhosen, the only GREEN hosta I ordered. As time went by, more blue showed up with this hosta, and the name did not fit the plant. Now with the help of folks on the forum the High Tide name seems to fit like a glove. Just in time for me to present an almost mature hosta to the garden. Not an "ugly duckling" story, but more like "Man In The Iron Mask" misidentified and now restored to his proper estate.

Celebrate with me and meet High Tide:

Comments (4)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County