SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plllog

Staples: Canisters? High? Low? Out? In?

plllog
14 years ago

I just noticed where one of us was talking about baking supplies in a drawer. My staples are in ClickClack canisters with P-Touch labels, and I've been thinking I'm going to put them in a drawer, for the first time, just because of the layout, and point of use.

To me this is a novel idea because I'm used to staples being stored high, on shelves or in upper pantry cupboards. When one bakes, one takes down the flour, takes down the sugar, etc. It just seems that if one could open the drawer, lift the lid, and scoop a little scoop, it would be so much easier! Though I suppose for flour I'll probably still pull the canister out most of the time for control and to make dribbles easier to clean up.

Where do you keep your supplies? In canisters on the counter? In a walk-in pantry? Up high? Waist level? Low? In the fridge? In a cupboard? In a drawer?

I'm really curious! I didn't even realize how ingrained the "staples go up" thing was until I started thinking about that post that also mentioned drawers...

Comments (25)