SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
denise_gw

What a year (so far)!

Denise
12 years ago

All I can say is WOW! My Hoyas are happy as clams, growing like mad, and oh my, some of the leaves I'm seeing on some species are massive!! I turned my 'Nong Nooch' the other day while cleaning and found a leaf that just about made me jump back it was so big! It was over 9" long, about twice the average size and 3" longer than the longest leaf. Callistrophylla is another that's putting on BIG leaves...

That biggest one you see in the center was from last year, but the new ones are coming in quite large, too. And it's decided to bud up...

Notice the newer buds already forming behind the older buds. Last year in May, I had a peduncle bud up but it aborted before they opened. I'm hoping they make it this time. I can't imagine the flowers being any more eye-catching than the plant, though.

We had some early warm weather this spring - maybe that's what got them going. But then we had quite a cold spell. But now we're in our third day of A/C weather - I heard we broke yesterday's record high for this date and we're likely to do it again today, in the mid-90's. I'll be glad when it cools back down, even though my Hoyas seem to love it!

Denise in Omaha

Comments (7)

Sponsored