SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gayle0000

Area I'm going to plant this year - The Playhouse

12 years ago

Thought I'd post up some progress pictures of my yard. I'd have waaaaay more hostas planted by now if I wouldn't have been clearing land for 4 years.

The best news is I believe I am officially DONE clearing land here! I may still chop a tree here and there as I get to putting plants and pretty things in, but the mass clearing is OVER!!! thankgodthankgodthankgod I didn't hurt myself, and got it done while I was/am young enough to do it without help (ie bobcats and heavy equipment...lol!).

This is the southwest corner of my yard in 2008, and the primary area I will work on planting this year.

Southwest Corner in 2011. I finally cleared enough to get my kid the playhouse she'd been begging for. Since the photo was taken I've laid a little brick path out the front door of the playhouse and tweaked out the treeline behind.

I threw down some grass seed in the bare soil last fall. Grass is coming up kinda patchy this year (2012), but it's better than nothing. I've got bare soil all over the place as I've cleared, not just here. I don't plan on having that much grass in the long-term future, it's so much easier for me to care for a lawn than bare soil (weeds, erosion, dust bowls when windy etc). I'd rather remove grass later than deal with dirt now.

This year I will continue to fill in the grass, carve out some paths and planting beds, and plant hostas. I've got a hosta grouping picked out to get started with. I have a picture in my head of what it will look like in the end. Still many decisions to make to get it going.

It's interesting planning plants for a playhouse. The scale is different than I'm used to.

I'm keeping the treeline for privacy at about 15 feet behind the playhouse and most of the way down the entire lot. On the other side of the treeline is Main Street.

Thanks for looking.

Gayle

Comments (5)