SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dani_plus_2

What's your preference? Tall, short, big, little, spider,etc...

dani_plus_2
14 years ago

Just because I'm bored (since nothing is blooming...I put in Lates this year), what's your top 3 favorite daylily flower shape/size/height combos? And COLOR?!?!

In no particular order...

1. I love Golden Chimes/Barbary Corsair/Brasstown types for their airy, prairie feel they add to the garden. Tall(er) plants with small flowers are just plain neat-o! I would love to have the height of Golden Chimes with a 1" flower on it...in every color. I'm hoping one of the crosses I made will give me that.

{{gwi:960158}}

2. The flower shape of Trahlyta is perfect to me. Not too big so it starts to twist and not too small. Yes, it's one of my top 5 flowers! I will breed it with everything that I have, just to "see".

{{gwi:960160}}

3. I'm always game for the simple, round shape of a Midnight magic with a little ruffle. Simplicity seems underrated sometimes. You get a clump of that shape in any color, it'll knock you socks off!

{{gwi:960161}}

As for favorite colors and what not...

1. Purples with dark eyes, purples with bright eyes, light purples with green eyes...whatever! PURPLE.

2. Looking through my pics I realize I have a lot of white/ivory/cream/yellows/pastel blends. Always light bright and cheery!

3. Most anything else except for pinkish with a yellowish ruffley dooleyhogger on the edges. Blah. Or red with a yellow frilly edge. Okay, almost anything that has a bagel form and think, ruffled edge. I know that's what most people like, but it has to be a certain color combo for me to like it. Like a dark purple/cream. Now you're talkin'!

This is going to be a long Winter. *sigh* Are we on the "H"'s yet? ;oP

Dani

Comments (20)