SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sassy7142

The trees are going to win? I'm depressed.

sassy7142
17 years ago

I've been depressed since recently reading the thread about Freeda's dilema with her Maple Tree. I've posted pics below of some of my Hostas showing you the problem that I had created (WITHOUT EVEN KNOWING IT). I didn't even know I was having a problem or future problem until a couple days ago after reading this forum. I love my Hostas, maybe even obsessed with them, but I'm too old to saw down my trees and start over with different kinds that are Hosta friendly. I even have a bunch on order for spring planting, but now???? This is depressing..I'll explain below.........

GARDEN A...... Behind the hosta bed you'll see a wall of trees.

A few years ago I planted 4 SILVER MAPLES to the South and West of the bed for a quick growing wall to cast shade over this bed.

Another view of GARDEN A

GARDEN B....The trees in this bed include a couple of SILVER MAPLES, 1 DOGWOOD and probably worse of all a HYBRID POPLAR

GARDEN C...planted 2005. Trees include a SPRUCE, a couple of PINE and I don't know what that tree in the back is.

Another view of GARDEN C

GARDEN D..Also planted in 2005. Trees include 2 MAPLES, 1 HYBRID POPLAR, 1 CHERRY, 1 "multi trunked something" to the right of the pic. Directly behind the last row of Hostas are 3 young SPRUCE and behind the spruce are 3 large AUSTRIAN PINE.

Small pond......Nearby this pond, (with a branch hanging over it) is a large SUGAR MAPLE. To the left of the pond is a PURPLE LEAF PLUM (not seen) and to the near right is a young SILVER MAPLE with Hadspen Samphire around it.

Comments (25)