SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
donrawson

new thread- more dead of winter pick me ups

donrawson
17 years ago

In response to your questions-

Where did I get the arundo donax variegated? I dug up a clump I saw growing in a lady's yard when I was driving thru Arkansas on my way to pick up rocks.

How do I load and haul the big rocks? I roll (or pry and winch) them onto my trailer, unless I get them at a quarry where they load me with a bucket loader. I have a couple tractors that allow me to unload and move them around when I get them to my house.

How many hostas do you have? I grow about 170 named cultivars at my house, many of which are growing in full sun because I have a very limited amount of shade. I'm also growing several hundred seedlings at my mother's and my brother's houses. My wife and I also grow 125 daylilies, 75 tall bearded irises, and various perennials. Don

This is a large green fuchite boulder (7000 lbs.) that I picked up two weeks ago. I'll sandblast it to take the brown off and clean it up when I get it ready to display it this summer:

{{gwi:939329}}

Miscellaneous rocks in my barn:

{{gwi:939330}}

Hosta 'Liberty':

{{gwi:939331}}

Hostas lined out in my old vegetable garden (100% sun):

{{gwi:939332}}

This is a single eye of 'Rhino Hide' growing in full sun. Notice the puckering, cupping, and relatively blue for growing in full sun. No burning either:

{{gwi:939333}}

Comments (7)