SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dani_plus_2

It's so hard to restrain yourself! *sniffle*

dani_plus_2
12 years ago

You know, this whole backyard hybridizer thing is hard! It's really hard to not just buy the ones that the big dog's used to get thier keepers. I have to keep telling myself that I want to do my own thing, not try to get what someone else has got/did. I'm trying to stay away from the Carpenters (beautiful as they are) and come up with my own patterns. I do have some Capenter crosses from the auction, but they haven't bloomed. I love you Carpenters!!! *smile*

I mean, people in the North use Forestlake Raggamuffin because it works (to put teeth on everything). I'm trying NOT to use it just for that reason. I'm hoping a Klehm or two can help me out with that. It's just so hard not to use the flower that you know already works!

I did really well this year only sticking to my planned crosses. It sure does help to keep the number of seeds produced down. I also got rid of atleast 25 seedlings already that were mud. I'm more will bloom next year- I took about 30 to keep an eye on out which makes more growng room for the others. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT THE ONES I'M OBSERVING DO NEXT YEAR!!! Note to self: This is going to be a long Winter...since it's barely Fall yet.

This whole hybridizing thing sure is a lesson in patience and control, isn't it? You don't realize how addicting it really is. It's a good thing I'm nowhere's near rich 'cause if I had the freedom to buy whatever I wanted, I'd have about 10 acres of seedlings!

Sorry, it's early and I'm rambling....everyone have a good day!

Dani

Comments (6)