SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19735161

Variegated H. Bella - Anyone Got Tips Pls?

User
19 years ago

Hi Gang,

Well I was given the most wonderful surprise gift last nite at Indoor Gardening Society Mtg. A variegated H. Bella, really nice & just soooo pretty.

I've got a solid Bella that seems fine, but slow growing. I don't keep mine all that wet as most here seem to advise. I'd had another smaller one from Sylvia which I was trying to keep more moist, but that one pooped out.

So I'm hoping for pointers to keep this one. This was originally donated to the Society as it was ailing & the donor didn't want it to die. A friend/mentor who started me w/ Hoyas scarfed it up to save it & mentioned it to me later. When I started to drool abt it he said he'd make me a cutting, well it turns out he decided to give me the whole thing. He had it under lights living in a plastic bag, but potted too big. I've potted it down smaller, loosened its roots from the Jiffy peat pot Logees seems to have started it in & improvised a somewhat enclosure to try & help it acclimate to a non-bagged environment.

When he plunked it on the table last nite, saying 'this is for you' I practically leaped over the table to hug him, it felt like Xmas & Birthday all rolled up in one!

Looking for any & all help you folks may have to offer. TIA

Karen

Comments (4)

Sponsored