SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kerstin_linnea

Need some feedback on H.macgillivray +H. lacunosa

Kerstin_Linnea
19 years ago

Hello,

I am more or less set with my order from logees, I have spent the morning browsing for info but it seems like people is having more problems than success..

Although I have a hoya doing beuatiful for me - h carnosa(?)

I consider myself a neophyte and am a little hesitant as to the Mac' in particular.

My thought was to buy two and pot them up in a small terracotta hanging basket in my northen window- unheated closet.

Is there any reason why should NOT pot them up together?

I simply do not want to pamper a 2 in pot.

I am a outdoorgardener and in summer my attention will be elsewhere.

let me tell you how my carnosa is living..

I bought two small (4in) from Home depot and plunked them down in to a large plastic hanging pot that then went in to a large hanging terracotta basket, It hangs in a western window, approx 3ft above my steamradiator, aboout a foot in from the windowsill.

It is doing great, right now sending out a ton of new shoots that are beginning to leaf out.

a large number of 'warts' along them stems - that I assume will carry the flowers eventually?

I never really let it dry out - because of the radiator I tend to give it a little slurp every week or so in the winter.

I have no idea if the roots have filled the plastic pot yet,

My schlumbergia and epi gets the same treatment and they all are doing great- the epi is about to flower again.

Now my new purchases will be treated pretty much the same.

Quite honestly, the lacunosa seems to be the important one, since I DO put fragrance before flowers, however, I am indeed in love with mac...

I am debating wether I should go for H australis or H odorata instead, annybody know how these do in the midwest trough winter? - ah , I see now neither is blooming in late winter, sigh, stuck now, any suggestions on a vigourus, easy FRAGRANT for the gloomy months?

Now I am going out to prune my trees and I hoping to hear from you all when I get back in!

Thanks.

klk

Comments (13)

Sponsored