SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maggnome

Just starting to grow a hoya

maggnome
12 years ago

Hello everyone! My name is Jacob and I am something of a developing Horticulturist/plant enthusiast. I've been slowly building up my own little indoor garden in my bedroom, and I recently acquired an unknown hoya from a local nursery. I took a few pictures of the plant to share with you, and I have a few questions:

1. Can anyone help me identify which hoya this is? Unfortunately the nursery did not do a good job of labeling it.

2. Does the pot size look okay? I think it's probably a little large, but it's the smallest pot I had that wasn't far too tiny. Hopefully the hoya will "grow into it", so to speak.

3. Does it look like it's getting enough light? I've read a few sources that said hoyas don't generally fair well in direct sunlight, so I put it next to the window rather than in front of it. It seems to be doing alright.

The leaves seem very firm (they don't bend easily), but I'm assuming this is normal? They haven't dried up or anything, and the stem/vine is budding, so I think it's doing well. Any other tips or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Comments (16)

Sponsored