SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hosta_haven

New Hosta Labels - Help!

Hosta_Haven
17 years ago

In previous posts, I saw several posts mentioning the good success of using Brother P-touch labelers. So... I ordered one (PT-1280) and now have questions.

1. In the posts, they said to get "exterior grade" labels. I didn't see any designated as that so I ordered a roll of black on white TZ labels which are laminated and heat and cold resistant. It says on the package that the Brother TZ tape is "perfect for use indoors & outdoors". Is this the exterior tape you folks were referring to or is there a higher grade exterior tape for the Brother labelers I don't know about? If so, where can I order them from?

2. What color combination tape do you have the best luck with regarding fading? I ordered black on white (cheaper than the other colors) but wondered if gold or white on black might stand out or hold up longer.

3. What do you recommend regarding placing on used metal markers? In the past, I've used a carbon pencil (much like a skinny crayon) that seems to last for years. I have to re-label at least 150 markers. Would you SAND the old marker before applying the label?

Thanks for your help! My scrawl is so bad that I can't stand my ugly old markers anymore.

Char

Comments (11)