SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

AIlready thinking about what to buy next year.

newyorkrita
15 years ago

I have been giving some thought to what I will buy over the winter for next spring. Not in terms of a specific daylily, although I have a short must get list, but in terms of types and hybridizers.

I have already decided that I am not going to be buying more southern hybridized daylilies. Now, never say never so that its possible I see something I think I can't live without and I would buy it. But I don't expect that to be the case.

But I already do know that there are hybridizers that I want more of their intros.

I got lots of Melanie Masons and there were ones I wanted to buy but not avaiable last year and I would like to get them this year. I have been thrilled with both the quality and garden performance of Melanie's daylilies. I thought they looked look in the pictures on the website but blooming here, the daylily flowers were just so nice I immediately wanted more.

I also am going to be shopping heavily again at Karol Emmeriches Springwood Gardens. Gorgeous, gorgous flowers and they rebloom. You all must know by now that I am obssessed with rebloom so no big surprise that I am looking to get more.

I was so thrilled with the Phil Korth daylilies that I will be looking to get something more there also.

Another hybridizer I am taken with is Mary Jane Meadows. I just bought 8 of her intros on the Lily Auction for this Fall so don't know about the spring. Theses are also listed as rebloomers but we have to wait and see. I do have three of her intros currently and they have not yet rebloomed for me.

In terms of my plans for my daylilies, I want to extend my bloom season. I will be thinking about getting August bloom so that daylily season here keeps going. I should get some help in that direction when my reblooming daylilies settle in enough to rebloom next year. I am not expecting too much from them this year being so new.

I made a start on my hoped for August blooms with those Olallie dayliliies I bought just short time ago.

Comments (22)