SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ken_adrian

using a label maker .....

run all the names together.. as many as possible.. only using space within a name .. not between names .... then use some good scissors to cut them yourself..

using the machines cutter.. will waste up to 2 or 3 inches of lead tape PER LABEL .... 25 labels later.. you have used a whole roll of tape ... instead of getting 40 or 50 ...

my way... you waste it only once.. on each end of the 15 inch tape of names ...

any other hints for the label makers????

oh ... learn how many letters will fit across the plate .. i think its around 15 on the type size i use... so that you dont waste spaces ... in other words ... on 'lakeside overpriced' ... which is 19 letters including the space between ... will not fit on the plate, straight across.. and if you shrink the type.. you wont be able to read it from a distance . ... so it would need it on two lines ... so i would skip the space ... make sense ???

also.. on the average everlast/ paw paw plate .. 3 lines are possible.. if you trim the tape on the top of the top one .. down to the top of the letters ... and the opposite on the bottom.. centering the middle one ...

finally .... i skip the 'H.' ... i mean really ... if you dont know its a hosta.. i really dont want you in the garden.. lol ... and i skip the quote marks.. this is an ID system.. not a nomenclature procedure ....

ken

ps: my only complaint about any lakeside.. is simply the addition of lakeside.. which makes labeling challenging.. and expensive in volume ....

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor