SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seedsnsprouts

Need 3 Recommendations Please

seedsnsprouts
13 years ago

I'm looking for two Bee attracting plants but due to spacing and our veggie garden layout they need to be pretty specific in size. I'm also especially partial to flowers in the blue/violet range and am not fond of reds and oranges at all but am open to suggestions. I would also like something that blooms as frequently as possible. These areas are on the west side of the house and get morning shade but full sun during the afternoon and evening hours.

The first one I would like to be about 3'-4' tall and something that grows mostly straight up. If it grows too wildly it will overhang in to our small pathway and my husband doesn't want it in his way when he's manuevering around. I've looked at the Mexican Bush Sage (and other similar varieties) and love it but it might be a little too wild growing.

The second one needs to be something that is very low growing, no more than 12" high.

Both of the above areas for these plants are irrigated with drip hoses and are just waiting for us to plant something.

The third thing I'm looking for is a ground cover type plant that will grow between flat stones in the walkways and can handle some light foot traffic. I know there is a variety of Thyme that does this but I don't think it will grow in my zone. The walkways are not irrigated, only the garden beds and the places mentioned above, so it needs to be something that can survive on it's own with no additional irrigation from us. If we can't find anything we'll just stick with our original plan without the stones and just mulch the area.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Comments (11)