SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

No Daylilies Got Planted Today

14 years ago

My big tub of soaking daylilies from the boxes that arrived on Wednesday is still there and has no less daylilies in it than it did. But I did make some progress around here. All the baby roses that were still sitting around here after the rearranging got planted today and I am very pleased with the way that rose section looks. Next spring they should look ok but the year after should be spectacular. I just like this grouping so much better than the way it used to be in hybrid teas. Those are still here, just distributed around the garden and not in one area as they were. I still have to deal with the 5 roses still ordered that will be arriving in September but at least for now, no roses to plant. Hurray!!!! That frees me up to go back to my daylily projects and I should be able to make some headway.

I did dig out the noxious weedey lavender that was by Olallieland (which I had decided needed to come out to make room for daylilies) so tomorrow I can plant those Olallie Daylilies and still have room leftover :-))

Then I amused myself today digging holes in that slope were I am putting the second row of daylilies. I decided that since the thing I hate the most is digging the holes on that steep hill, that if the holes were done I would feel motivated to move those daylily clumps. So I dug the holes. They will need some expanding but the hard part which is stabbing thru the grass and picking up pieces of it, is done. I had done it with my shovel but the angle to work at is very difficult. But today I got the idea to take one of those point edge trowels made for concrete work and stab the grass with that and be able to start up the hole digging. Worked pretty good too! I got a lot more done than with the shovel method.

Comments (6)