SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyful_garden

UGH-My horribly neglected garden....

joyful_garden
15 years ago

I went outside to just look at it. I started to try and pull some weeds but in my absence the ants have taken over. I have this big boot and I walk like Herman Munster but I thought I could do some. Then the thought of the ants getting inside the boot stopped me in my tracks. LOL. My marigolds are beautiful but you can hardly tell because of the weeds. My coleus is holding it's own. All of my veggies were choked out by weeds. I did see the prettiest spiders with their webs in my marigolds and a moth flitting from flower to flower. I pulled some of the dead flowers and just broke the seed heads open and dropped them to the ground. I wanted to water but DH moved the hose somewhere and I can't walk around that much. I have a very invasive weed with thorns beginning to pop up throughout my garden. The mother plant is about 6-10 feet away and the root structure is amazing. It spreads underground and these small pup weeds are attached to the mother plant. It's terrible. I would love to start some fruit trees somewhere but I'm a seed person, I rarely ever buy plants because of the financial aspect of it. Does anyone know where to buy just fruit tree seeds? Maybe I'll take some before and after pics of my sorry garden so I can feel good about it when I get it done.

Hugs!

Joy

Comments (15)