SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

I was moving daylilies around today

newyorkrita
12 years ago

Busy day for me as the weather today is perfect and inspired a big burst of energy to get at some of the daylily moving projects I have been needing to get done. Mostly I just wanted to move some as I am trying to make room in certain areas for new ones and that means the best thing was to move around some old ones. I had already shovel prunned afew so had some spots I wanted to put something else into.

The soil was nice and wet that means it held together nicely (pretty much as it does in the spring) so I could get a good batch of soil with each rootball. That works out well as it means less stress for the moved daylilies and they should settle in to their new homes without missing a beat. At least I hope so.

I have more to do but ran out of steam for now as I moved 12 daylilies today.

So in case you thinking why don't I just stick some new ones coming into the shovel prunned spots instead of moving things around, it is because I want to plant new ones up in the back yard plateau and also the front yard planterbox. So I have been making room in those two gardenbeds by moving some out of them into other spots. Mostly made the other spots by shovel prunning. Two I was able to find room for when I started moving stuff last week in the terraces. A few replaced clumps shovel prunned from the driveway slope and of course because of the slope only clumps can go in there. That means move something already here and leave the old spot for new stuff.

Besides the moving around of daylilies is a normal thing for me to do each year LOL!

Comments (14)