SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Four Boxes of Daylilies Came Today

newyorkrita
14 years ago

I think most of you know that I am really running out of room here. Thats one of the reasons for the big moving projects here, I need to open up some room in that daylily plateau to plant some new stuff.

However, all this did not stop me from buying new plants. Four boxes of daylilies arrived today and I had vague plans to be ready for planting by the first of September, ha ha. Well, they are here now.

I got UPON THIS ROCK from Phil Korth as I was on the waiting list and it was finially available.

I bought two of Charmaine Rich's 2009 intros, THRILLSEEKER and MANDARIN FIRECRACKER. I was hoping she would send me her third 2009 intro, ROOTIN ROOTIN RASPBERRY as a bonus and she did. I am thrilled. Last year i had bought a 2008 intro from her, PROOF POSITIVE. She very generously sent both her other intros, DOC WEBSTER and PROMISE TO BEHAVE as bonus plants. Those two bonus plants turned out to be increable and I knew I had to have more of her intros. If you are looking for gorgeous rock solid northern daylilies, these come from zone 4 VT.

Then my order from Jim and Margo is here. I bought-

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER

CAYENNE

CHERRY CREAM PIE

OLFACTORY EVIDENCE

TREE TURTLES

I also received the special bonus of HARD TIMES and my requested regular bonus of EARLY ALIBI. The plants are big and there are lots and lots of fans. Hurray!

These three orders came in the mail, which comes late. I already was working on planting the order that came earlier today by UPS, which was my order from Olallie. Now there is a full tub of daylilies soaking and lots to plant when I am not ready for all this. Ack!!! Still, I am very happy with my new plants :-))

Here is a link that might be useful: Holden Heaven Daylilies

Comments (17)