SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juliany_gw

Sunday pics

Julia WV (6b)
12 years ago

It has been a busy week for us here as we visited our son last weekend in Virginia. Wow, now I know how hot and humid the weather is for those gardeners in VA. I must confess when we visited places I did think about how nice this plant or that would look here in my garden LOL. Then our daughter who lives in NYC came for a visit. She had to cut it short since no flights would be available until perhaps late Monday or Tuesday for her to get back.

When I saw WORTH IT ALL blooming this morning, no tropical storm was going to prevent me from getting outside and getting a pic. Once I was out, hey, why not see what else is worth photographing. We still have several daylilies blooming as well as seedlings.

WORTH IT ALL on 8-28-11 - This is one of the plantings I have in the backyard. The other planting in the front yard is going to also open. Maybe tomorrow.

The first pic is what I saw this morning. Second pic was taken this afternoon.

{{gwi:932337}}

{{gwi:932338}}

BUDDING ELEGANCE - still sending up scapes.

{{gwi:932339}}

JOSHUA SLOCUM - I do believe this is the last bloom IF it decides not to send up another scape.

{{gwi:932340}}

ITZA PINK TEDDY - this is one amazing daylily. As you can see, it still has many buds to open. Just keeps sending up scapes.

{{gwi:932341}}

BLACK EYED STELLA - sent up another scape

{{gwi:932342}}

RASPBERRY BANANA CHEESECAKE - another one that had sent up another scape.

{{gwi:932343}}

MEMORABLE KISS - mystery solved. It is MK and as you can see a great late bloomer for me here. It still has 2 remaining scapes with blooms opening on both. I couldn't get a clump shot as the winds (still blowing strong here) have bent one of the scapes over towards the ground.

{{gwi:932344}}

{{gwi:932345}}

Hopefully we finish our trellis project this week. I still have the beds to finish weeding and moving plants is not the easiest of chores.

Time to catch up on the forum and see what I've been missing.

Julia

Comments (7)