SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mary_lu_gw

What we did Easter Sunday (pics)

mary_lu_gw
17 years ago

After reading Steven's thread, thought I would post what we did on Easter. Doesn't look nearly as pretty as Steven's garden, but will work great.

Our old strawberry bed was planted with no easy way to pick the berries. Practically had to stand on your head and it was murder on the back and legs. Last fall we tore out all the old berry plants and covered the bed with black plastic. Then this weekend DH built raised beds for me to plant the 100 berry plants I have coming this week.

The two outside beds are 2x15 and the inside bed is 4x15. It will make picking the berries so much easier. He also left a path across the end so that I do not have to step into the strawberries to pick the raspberries as I had to do in the past. Not quite done yet as we need to fill in a little more dirt and mulch in the "path" area. The "paths" will not be as tall as the bed area.

Originally when we talked about doing it, I thought I would lose some growing space. But now looking at the almost finished product, I don't think I will. In fact I think it will be better.

{{gwi:654437}}

{{gwi:654438}}

While DH was working on the raised beds, I started speading the mulch we picked up on Saturday. Got a good start. Lots more to do. Thought I would include a pic of the daylily bed to show how far along we are in zone 4/5.

{{gwi:654439}}

Marylu

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting