SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blue23rose

How do you keep daylily pictures organized?

blue23rose
13 years ago

I am looking for ideas on how to get my daylily pictures organized on my computer without spending hours sitting and renaming each picture. Is it possible to not spend a lot of time renaming, cropping, resizing, uploading, organizing, etc?

When I take pictures, I first take a picture of the name tag, then a picture of the flower. When I upload the pictures to my computer, I save them all in a folder named with the date on it. Then I go through and rename each picture with the daylily name and date. The date not only tells me when the flower bloomed, but also keeps me from having duplicate files for the same daylily and getting the dreaded "do you wish to replace" message when I put all the pictures together in my "Daylily Diary" folder. Then I delete all the pictures with just the name tags on them.

Then all the pictures that I want to post on this forum have to be uploaded to Photobucket, which means I have to make the pictures smaller in order to make that go faster. And you can only upload a few at a time. I use Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0 for cropping and resizing, which can also eat up a lot of time.

Well, now I am about a month behind. All the pictures are just sitting in the folder waiting to be named and I am wondering if there isn't a better, quicker way to get things in order.

Maybe I have just overwhelmed myself by taking too darn many pictures, but I like to get pictures of FFO's and the last blooms so I can have a record of how long of a bloom period each daylily has. Then of course other blooms of the same daylily turn out to be much better, so I take more pictures. And I only have 150 daylilies. I know some of you have many, many more than that and I don't see how you do it. Do you keep more of a spreadsheet for record keeping and take pictures of only the very blooms of each daylily to post?

I know everyone goes to a lot of trouble to get pictures posted to the forum, and I really appreciate seeing all the beautiful blooms. I hope to get mine in some kind of order so I can contribute more this year, but it looks like I have dug a pretty big hole.

Vickie

Comments (8)